Red Bull Creation is a 72 hour creative competition that annually invites the countries best and brightest makers, hackers, and inventors to innovate around a “secret topic”. In 2014, the Red Bull Creation final event will be making the move to an exciting new host location- Detroit, MI.
2014 Qualifier Theme
Identify a specific need in your community, or something you think could be improved, and propose a solution. It could be an idea that makes the world a better place, or if nothing else, a more fun and interesting place.
- This qualifier is about conceptualization and ideation. You don’t have to actually physically build the project this year.
- That being said, this project has to be achievable. Please address how you would actually create something like this in the real world, and prove that you could.
- Create a video (no more than 3 minutes) addressing who you are, what the issue is, and how you would propose tackling something like this. You can use models, 3d renderings, animations, or other digital tools within the video to help state your case.
2014 COMPETITION SCHEDULE
- May 21 Registration begins and qualifier window opens
- June 6 Qualifier window closes
- June 10 Finalists announced
- July 8-11Red Bull Creation Final Event in Detroit, MI
Between Tuesday, July 8, 2014 at 8:00 a.m. Central Time (“CT”) and ends on Saturday, July 12, 2014 at 2:30 p.m. CT you can vote for your favorite Red Bull Creation Team via Twitter or Instagram or by using the Vote-A-Tron machine at the Red Bull Creation Event in Detroit, MI. Votes on Twitter or Instagram need to include at least “#RBCreation” “#myvote” and “#<TEAM NAME>” where <TEAM NAME> is replaced with the name of the team for which you want to vote. All votes submitted on Twitter or Instagram must comply with the Twitter or Instagram terms and conditions. Sponsor: Red Bull North America, Inc., Santa Monica, CA 90404. For Official Rules, click here.